Welcome to Hunts Forum
Hunts Forum of Voluntary Organisations is an independent, non-profit making registered charity based in Huntingdon, Cambs.
The charity was established in 1994 formed by a coalition of local voluntary organisations and run by an elected committee of voluntary sector representatives.
We provide information, guidance, and support to help voluntary & Community groups to set up, develop & grow:
- Information & Advice: We provide fundraising advice and guidance, ensuring quality bids are submitted to a variety of sources. Assist in organisational health checks and trustee health checks, aiding organisations to develop (from setting up a group and the legal requirements), identify strengths, weakness and supports in a changing environment.
- Training: We deliver quality training which supports organisations, enabling them to develop their capacity and efficiency. From small organisations who wish to become a registered charity to a larger registered charities who want to review their processes. Topics covered include: Employment Law, Data Protection, Social Media, Effective Supervision, Roles & Responsibilities of Trustees, Equality & Diversity, Marketing, Big Lottery Programmes.
Partnership working: Hunts Forum represents the diverse views of local groups and organisations to agencies, statutory bodies and the general public. We promote two-way communications and advocate effective partnerships: attending a wide range of events on their behalf.
Hunts Forum is also a member of the Local Stategic Partnership supporting the voluntary sector through relevant involvement in the decision making process. We work in close partnership with:
- Huntingdonshire District Council
- NHS Cambridgeshire
- Cambridgeshire County Council
- Cambridgeshire Voluntary Sector (and other CVS’s)
Hunts Forums’ Commissioning and Procurement Training Event 30th January 2013
On behalf of the CVSs in Cambridgeshire, Hunts Forum hosted a half day training event attended by 43 delegates, mainly from the voluntary sector.
Feedback from the event which included presentations on Measuring Social Impact, the new Procurement processes at the County Council, and hints and tips from Crossroads Carers on how to be successful when bidding to the Council was very positive.
The slides from the event are attached:
If you need any further advice or training please contact us on 01480 420601
Hunts Forum will also be holding a Funding Fair on the 21st February at the Maple Centre from 10.00am-2.00pm, more details to follow - under Upcoming Events