Holywell-cum-Needingworth Hub have recently recived funding from the National Lottery Community Fund to develop a new community website for the village. Here is what Lesley Fisher & Linda Birr-Pixton from HCN Hub had to say about the new website:
Why did we bid for Lottery money?
Working with the existing Villager team, a small group of residents wanted to build a community website for our village that gathers all the existing services, clubs, organisations and support and businesses in one easy accessible place. It provides our two villages with a reliable update, a source of information, a network for help and activities, and provides the whole community with an events diary and blog to keep the residents informed. All households can have access to it and will be an additional source of support for our elderly and vulnerable.
This is a new project. It brings all existing links and websites from services, and community organisations and societies together. It also provides an opportunity for the businesses in the village to be represented. We are happy to have help building this new website. Take a look, and add your comments.
We were funded for the building and development phase of the website by the National Lottery Community Fund. The fund also provided a contribution to the ongoing maintenance for the first twelve months. We have supplemented that by adding banner advertising and again our village businesses have taken up the challenge and donated to help sustain the website for the village.
What can you do with the new website?
- You can check when and which bins need emptying.
- You can add a business and club or society that operates in the village.
- You can find emergency health numbers
- Bus timetables, potholes, local councils and services can all be found easily and quickly.
- We have a village life section that covers key local organisations for the very young to the not so young.
- You can even add your own event to it.
- It works on your phone, your tablet, your laptop and computer.
Have a look
Lesley Fisher & Linda Birr-Pixton